Online Community Manager
Kite Hill is looking for an experienced Online Community Manager who is highly motivated, creative and able to represent the Kite Hill brand in all digital applications. This person lives, breathes and loves social media. He/She not only knows the ins and outs of how the different platforms work (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest), but loves engaging with our online community, cultivating new Kite Hill followers and converting them to customers. The ideal candidate will have a true interest in the natural food space, healthy lifestyle and desires to work for a company that is pioneering the plant-based dairy world. This position reports to the Marketing Manager.
Job Duties will include
- Writing and publishing of a variety of content on all platforms that speaks to brand look,feel and tone (Photography experience a plus!)
- Create and manage a monthly content calendar based on strategy, company goals and analytics
- Produce social advertisements for promotion
- Highlight company news, products, accolades on social channels
- Review and approve user generated posts on our website
- Responsiveness is key! Reply thoughtfully to messages, comments, likes and reviews
- Maintain voice and know the best of practices for answering company inquiries
- Engage with our community to maintain connection of the brand to the fan, see where Kite Hill fans live online, know our consumer in and out
- Report complaints, concerns or other information to the appropriate team members as it applies to the company
- Reply to the customer service emails using our ticketing system to appropriately categorize them
- Retain brand partnership relationships on social
- Monitor online reviews and maintain efforts in building reviews
- Be online all the time, check our social platforms during off hours as well
- Creative thinker
-Strong writing ability
- Great proof reading skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Good communicator both on and offline
- Team player
- Bachelor’s Degree or above
- 3+ years of relevant working experience in a digital and social capacity preferably in the consumer goods, fashion/beauty, or other lifestyle industry
Compensation will be commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates can send resume with the subject “Online Community Manager” to email@example.com
Vice President, Marketing
Kite Hill is looking for a VP Marketing to help build on our recent success and momentum in the marketplace. Based in Hayward and reporting to the CEO, this individual will manage the day-to-day product and marketing activities for Kite Hill’s business. Part general manager, part marketing leader, part product expert, the VP Marketing will be responsible for overseeing the business strategy development and execution, brand experience and execution, consumer and market research. Kite Hill’s VP Marketing will also lead all field marketing activities, digital/social media, consumer promotions, and strategic partnerships. As importantly, the VP Marketing will be a leader in our fast-growing organization.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- General Management/P&L: In partnership with the CEO, manage key decisions related to the general management of the Kite Hill product lines, including budgets, product strategy, forecasting to deliver against aggressive growth goals.
- Business and Portfolio Strategy: Develop a keen understanding of the marketplace and changing consumer attitudes and behavior towards plant-based foods to inform the development of winning portfolio management strategies and overall growth of the Kite Hill business.
- Marketing: Develop creative marketing programs and experiences which connect with consumers in a way that is unique to Kite Hill. Oversee all consumer programs, including PR, digital, events, partnerships, field marketing, and advertising, to deliver brand and business objectives.
- Agency Management: As a rapidly growing organization, Kite Hill is heavily dependent on external agency partners to provide essential marketing and creative services. This individual must be well versed in effectively managing 3rd parties so as to coax the very best work from our partners often under accelerated timelines.
- Product Development: Oversee Kite Hill’s product strategy and new product development. Work closely with cross-functional counterparts to bring innovation from concept to consumer, including functional requirements/product design, unit pricing and economics, forecasting, go-to-market strategy and support plans.
- Company/Executive Leadership: Serve on the Kite Hill leadership team and as a role model for Kite Hill’s values and culture. Build, motivate, mentor and inspire our marketing team and broader organization. Lead by example.
- The ideal candidate will be a seasoned marketing executive with classic brand management experience in a top-tier CPG company married with a track record of successfully growing early-stage food/beverage brands, ideally in the natural foods space.
- This individual will be an exceptional leader and strategic thinker and successful brand builder. S/he prefers to buck convention and find novel approaches that are both disruptive and effective at achieving marketing goals, and has a demonstrated track record of success developing and executing unique solutions to problems.
- S/he will have a passion for building sustainable, values-driven brands and an intimate, almost quirky knowledge of the food industry and its distinct customers and classes of trade. S/he has experience with premium positioned brands and understands how to support premium price points in the face of increasing competitive activity and downward pricing pressure.
- S/he is compulsive, detail-oriented, and not above doing any task in the company while we build a world-class organization. S/he is entrepreneurial, has excellent judgement, and is extremely results-oriented, not content asking for direction but always willing to forge ahead on a clear strategic path in the absence of perfect information. Travel is a part of the job when you are building a national brand and jumping on a plane now and again should be expected.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressive marketing experience in increasingly responsible senior-level positions. Ideally this experience has spanned traditional brand marketing, customer marketing, and new products development/innovation at the VP level.
Qualified candidates can send resume with the subject VP of Marketing to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Kite Hill
Kite Hill is the first and only company to create plant-based food using time honored techniques. We’ve figured out how to make buttery fresh ricotta, aged nut milk delicacies, creamy almond milk yogurt, and fantastic entrées and desserts — all out of fresh nut milk. A Circle Up awarded Most Innovative Consumer Brand, Kite Hill is aggressively growing beyond its roots in the natural/specialty channel. In turn, we are seeking great people to help us grow and continue to spread the word about Kite Hill.
Check out what people are saying! http://www.kite-hill.com/press/